21 November 2005

An honest exchange regarding music appreciation

Sunday, I was wandering around in my local Wal-Mart looking for the Pussycat Dolls CD. I wanted to see what it was on it other than one song I liked.

Scanning the racks, I was crisscrossing the aisle as two youngling males were seating themselves on the floor to watch a program that was on one of the TVs.

The second time I came into the aisle, one of them looked up at me and I smiled and said, "Haven't found it yet."

Helpful, he asked what I was looking for and so I told him. He and his friend might have been 11-years-old.

He said, "Oh, I don't listen to that music." I said that was too bad. He said "what I listen to is over there." I asked him what that was. He said AC/DC.

I couldn't help it. It was out of my mouth before I could think. I said, "I grew up listening to them, I've moved on."

He looked at me, smiled and said, "That's cool."

I have been giggling about the exchange off and on for a week.