13 November 2005

A few things about me...

continually updated... most recent update 2/5/8

I have four dogs [Rottweilers], a cat [he showed up/adopted us in July 2005 after a storm... prolly about 7-weeks-old at the time] and a 20+ year old Goffin Cockatoo.

I have two Toyota's with mileage over 150,000. I LOVE Toyota's. One is practical, the other is 20 years old and classified an antique and takes the place of the sports car that I miss owning.

I used to turn on the TV only to watch movies [DVDs/VCRs], I don't have cable or satellite TV. Now I watch everything on my Mac.

Did I say I <3 Apple. I have a Mac Mini and an PowerBook. I sold my first iBook - a graphite clam and my second iBook to my boss. She also <3s Apple. I said someday I'll try the Core Duo route... I'm buying one this week.

When not at the computer or working on art, I'm reading.

A J.R.R. Tolkien, Lord of the Rings, fanatic since highschool and a fan of C.S. Lewis, Narnia, since early college.... enough said on that.

I am retired from the U.S. Army, airborne qualified among other things.

I never wanted children, I have a hard enough time keeping up with myself and the dogs.

I have been married/divorced twice and am (rather) comfortable single.

My father was a Army Air Corps navigator and bombadier who served at one time with General Paul Tibbets.

My sister is an IRS auditor.

My sister, myself, my father, my fathers brother's grandaughter - all are dyslexic.

I cringe at the thought of having visitors in my home.

I try to be at least 5 minutes early for meetings... old habits die hard.

The last movie I saw in a theatre was "Sweeny Todd." I'm not comfortable with horror movies and comedies on the theme of "Friends" I find sophomoric. The newest Bond movie was awesome.

I can appreciate making lists, occasionally they are useful.

I enjoy my job. Completely. (FYI my full-time job involves a mix of journalism and web design. I like the people I work for and I like the people I work with. The one I didn't like recently left.)

I will go to a Thai restaurant over any other variety once a week if given a chance. Don't know what I would do if I saw an Indian restaurant in the area. Coconut curry curls my toes.

I love to doodle - it leads to art.

My favorite jewelry designer is Tabra Tunoa... I will spurge on her earrings via eBay for personal rewards of things well done.

I like to make my own iced mocha latte's. I used to only drink expresso run through a Krupps in coffee fashion. I've converted back to a French Press. I like Starbucks, but will drink Pilon or Bustelo anyday. Currently off coffee at home, but drink it at work.

My eleventh grade Art teacher wanted me to apply for an art scholarship. My father said 'You can't eat art,' so I didn't.