14 November 2005

An auspicious week on tap

Harpy Birday to me....

I had the last of my vacation scheduled for this week - it was cancelled and I have to work on my birthday Wednesday. Boo hiss. All because someone didn’t bother to check and see if someone else had scheduled during that time frame.

So, I put in for the Fridays before Christmas and New Years… a no no and the Friday after Thanksgiving. Not too much they can say about it – my original leave request was submitted in January. The vacation that bumped me is to conduct the wedding of a child - important I suppose... even though I find marriage highly overated.

Not that I wouldn't consider marriage again; I would just consider all sides this time.

Anyway, the big birthday was last year……… spent over a week in Melbourne, Australia.

Wonderful.

I want to visit there again… but also take the time to visit an artist friend in Brisbane. Next year would be nice. Depends on what I plan to do about “the house” as to whether I can afford the airfare.

Not so fun thing this week is I have a follow-up doctors appointment on Thursday. Maybe I will actually get to meet the doctor this time.

So far - eight weeks of no smoking and I still want something, just not sure what it is. My friend in Cocoa Beach suggested a replacement addiction… Bob’s a funny guy.

I wear one of those Italian charm bracelets and I actually found a no smoking charm to remind myself of how well I’m doing. It joins the dogs, art, philosophy, military and flag of Australia charms. The idea of the bracelets is fun…I first saw them at the 2005 Eukanuba Classic dog show in Tampa - I volunteer to assist a dog breed club in their ‘Meet the Breed’ booth – not my breed mind you and the booth has won their group the last two years. Funniest thing was that the Rottweiler booth took best in show… that had me laughing. Anyway, in regards to the bracelets, every dog person there had one… and so I decided to get one and it has been something that I gradually add charms to. I have six links not filled with anything and I’m one of those people that will take their time making a selection.

Going to go see Harry Potty on Friday hopefully if I can get my work done early. Since I have to work Sunday as well… I have Friday off but can only take it if I have all the pages done in advance. I hope that won’t be a problem.

Would really like to see Breakfast on Pluto, but it’s not being released in this area. Bummer.