20 August 2006

Semi-svelt and semi-content

I was at lunch with my sister and a friend today. The friend is sehr petite and going to Weight Watchers. My sister is getting ready to do something in regards to weight reduction and me? I'm keeping my diet below 1,300 calories at max - mostly trying to stay below 1,000 and debating starting with a real program. I need to say that I am not overweight for my height... but I weigh more than I want to.

One of the nice things about alot of places is that most have Web sites and most of those have nutrition listings available for what they serve. So it helps you to know that that regular DQ Mocha Moo you've decided to have in order to pacify your dark side is more than half your caloric allotment for the day ringing in at 590 calories. Hey, at least I'm looking.

Eating at Mimi's with an iced tea and a Thai Chicken wrap was within my range... I guess. Unlike most - Mimi's only offers caloric information on it's lifestyle fare. BFD. Anyway, sitting there regaling in the flavor I realized that tomorrow it will be 11 months since I quit smoking. Go me!

I wish I could 'undo the velcro and toss out the padding.' I gained the requisite 20 pounds and have been able to shake off 7. I need go back to Curves, I've not been there in about a month. Not that Curves does it all... but it does keep me active until I can get it together to start running or biking.

One of the things I do to keep me grounded - I keep a food journal which keeps me honest and is such a pain in the ass. I don't even try to record the caloric amounts anymore to the things that are 'questionable' - I just highlight them to let me know I know what I'm doing, and I also read the diet-blog.

Tags: , and