19 August 2006

So, like we are back

Didn't make it back on at the beginning of the storm season, but better late than never. Hopefully it will remain dry which will lead to a calm year. Even if we are getting ready to enter the blender season of September.

Several changes here... It was becoming such an issue to get online with my Dell PC that blogging was becoming painful. So. . . finally gave up at the end of June and bought a mac mini [via eBay] that's running OS X Tiger. Then I bought an Apple Airport wireless base station... Then picked up a new 19 inch monitor. Then got my iBook up on Panther... loaded GarageSale on both and we be jammin' now. I have serious space issues that can be remedied by selling stuff I no longer use.want.need on eBay. Go me.

Next thing is to get the iBook ramped up on memory and convert it to Tiger.

With the personal conversion to mac... and the difficulty of getting to photos on my Sony Mavica CD200, I decided to buy a Nikon Coolpix L4 that was on sale at the big W... It has only 4 megapixels, but on the Web, even 2.1 was perfect so this is just what the doctor ordered. The Sony does everything that the Nikon doesn't so it's not going anywhere...

The Nikon is the camera it have used to capture the dogs - and will ease the way to get photos for eBay. There is a method to the madness.

Tags: , and