19 December 2005

We like "winter" here


Shall we dance?
Originally uploaded by newsgrrl.

Sully [mit tail] and Elba romp it up in the cooler weather today.

I like it cooler. Further south, while it doesn't get into the freezing temperatures, it also doesn't have what I call trees in areas that are still wild - the old grandfather oaks - nor does it have temperate summers. It doesn't have hills, but it does have sky. That's a tradeoff with not having trees.

While I miss snow - it's only for the first view, more than that is problematic.

Elba has become arthritic in her rear feet... and while it is entertaining to see her play with Sully, I know she'll feel it later.

She got her Christmas present early - a 'memory foam' dog bed for when I'm at work and she's with the others. At night she has her king size bed which was her birthday present two years ago if I remember correctly.

Tags: , and