30 August 2006

Hurricane season continues


Boo. This morning I woke up to no Interet access - but by the time I finally got in to the phone number to bitch, it was back up. I unplug my modem and wireless when the computer is off after having the first router I ever hooked up toasted by a storm. Toasted the WAN side of the modem, too. So it wasn't on my end.

Anyway, this had been a tense few days leading up to a grand fizzle.

Don't get me wrong, I love fizzles like this.

Gotta admit, a bit of light rain beats a hurricane - of any catagory - any day. Doppler graphic is courtesy of www.tbo.com and pretty much shows just how this system has come and gone. It has now been reduced to a tropical depression and there is very little orange or red intensity in the rain bands. I've heard no thunder... just light rain.

Nice.

I take that back... ver light thunder in the distance - but it's [knocking on wood] not the red or magenta kind.


Tags: ,