26 November 2005

Into the maw of retail...

Yesterday, I didn't dive into the earliest part of The Day After Thanksgiving Shopping Frenzy, I went and got my nails done first ;) THEN I went to see what was going on.

There is nothing like a pedicure to get your blood running [this was my second one]. A friend said she knows of a Spa that offers a pedicure that lasts around an hour. I think I want to research it. Wha...

I have never bothered to go shopping on Black Friday before, but I have heard all about it. So, I made sure that I wouldn't end up diving into Target until 11:30 a.m.

There were two people in the salon when I got there so there was no waiting in line for a pedicure. Wonderful stuff.

I went into Target, I had forgotten they just opened a Starbucks in there which was a treat... I went looking for Christmas socks, but they didn't have the type I was looking for, but that didn't stop me from filling up my 'cute and strange, colorful sock fetish.'

Went to a Super Wal-Mart, didn't find what I was looking for there, either. This time it was a particular design of jeans. Then went to Sam's Club, and then went home.

All in all, a very booring shopping experinence. I like them that way.

It probably would have helped to have had list, but I really have everything I need.

The one think I was really looking for was a T Mobile retailer, but didn't find one that had the Sidekick II on hand. I'm debating getting one so that I can blog as I go - that, and it has a camera. I have a Sony Mavica that is the best camera I have ever owned and perfect for what I use it for [photographing art pieces], but compared to my PDA and/or cellphone, it is huge. If I decide against a Sidekick, I'll pick up a Nikon digital to keep in my briefcase or purse.

So, today I'm launching back into the Maw... only this time with my sister. Wish us luck.

Tag: