22 November 2005

It would be hard to top that accomplishment

Being from old class - I don't normally recognize trash, but the November issue of Vanity Fair has one really priceless letter responding back to Nicky Hilton.

The October issue – other than featuring a profile and an obnoxious cover of Paris Hilton, spoke to the younger Hilton sister, Nicky. In that interview she made the following comment:

"I just want to say to these writers, 'I'm 21 years old, I run two multi-million-dollar companies, I work my ass off. Like, what were you doing that was so fucking important at that age?' I feel very accomplished for my age."
So, the letter I am refering to goes like this:
Nicky Hilton asked, "I'm 21 years old, I run two multi-million-dollar companies, I work my ass off. Like, what were you doing that was so fucking important at that age?" I would like to respond to that. When I was 21, I was busy working toward my Ph.D. in organic chemistry at the University of Minnesota. I was the first to synthesize the compound okadaic acid -- shown to be the leading cause of breast cancer.
- Steven F. Sabes
Wayzata, Minnesota
Woof! I liked the twist that Gawker put on their item... you'll see it, the "do you sell handbags in Japan?" rant. Too funny.

Now, I recognize that she's making the slap at journos [bad habit to pick up girlfriend]... I guess it all just boils down to class. I can't tolerate folks that can't hold their alcohol and I just don't appreciate folks, especially younglings, that can't handle their 'money.'