28 November 2005

Eleven weeks and holding...

It's coming up on 11 weeks! I didn't do the math right, duh, since I quit smoking but the scale's not lying - I've picked up around 15 pounds and tonight after stepping on the new, weight watcher scale - I decided that's enough.

The extra weight irritates/depresses me and that puts a squelch on anything creative I want to do. So, out of irritation and an excess of energy I started an exercise regimen outside tonight while the dogs were out.

Very Army, albeit lightweight on the repetitions for the first few days. I'll talk to the doctor on Friday about getting more aggressive and the resident cyclist at work about where to take my mountain bike for a tune up.

If I start working the nastiness out at night I'll sleep better and I might have a chance to get back into the art pieces I have on hold.

I'm being reasonable about the exercise and weight loss, not radical [at least at the moment]. I'm not 30 so things are a little more resistant to change. I just figure that if I can quit smoking cold, I can drop the weight or at least tone everything up to an acceptable point. When I quit smoking I said I would accept staying the same clothes size and so far - it's not a problem.

Tag: , ,